Barista Skills Intermediate
This level is suitable for someone have a firm knowledge of the basic skills. It is designed to test key core and more advanced skills and understanding, the successful candidates should be able to dial in a brew recipe, make a full range of drinks with quality and speed, as well as understand the basic requirements for customer service and maintenance.
- Awareness of different processing methods and the impact of process to coffee flavors
- Analysis of the layout of key equipment, accessories and ingredients
- Analyse the advantages and disadvantages of different types of grinders
- Basic understanding on espresso calibration and the effect of shot lengths to extraction and body
- Understanding of composition of milk and how different milk alternatives foam differently
- Learn about basic latte art pattern and espresso drinks preparation
Course Requirements and Fees
- Duration: 12 hours (in 2 days)
- Fee: S$ 628
- Pre-requisites: Introduction to Coffee and Barista Skills Foundation are recommended but not mandatory pre-requisite module. Students who do not possess the certificate of Barista Skills Foundation need to go through a practical assessment to enrol.
Q4 Course Dates
- 30th November 2019, 9am to 4pm
- 1st December 2019, 9am to 4pm